Amanda Seyfried Met Gala Makeup: Look by Genevieve Herr
“The inspiration was Karl Lagerfeld’s designs for Chloe in the 70s; the big curly hair of the time, the deep saturated lip, and smokey eyes with a modern twist of color instead of black & very little blush”
~ Genevieve Herr, Celebrity Makeup Artist
Learn How To Get The Modern 'Amanda Seyfried Met Gala Look'
Inspired Karl Lagerfeld's designs for Chloe in the 70's, Amanda's met gala look was masterfully created by celebrity artist - Genevieve Herr. So, how was the look put together? It comes down to a few key areas. Skincare, Complexion, Eyes, and Lips. Here's the complete tutorial.
Note: Shade names reflect what was used exactly for Amanda's look. To recreate, please find shades that best suit your own, unique skin,
Prepping Amanda's Met Gala look with Skincare
- Prep the skin with the Lancôme Advanced Génifique Hydrogel Sheet Mask for a healthy-looking glow.
- Smooth the appearance of fine lines while visibly brightening and firming the skin with Lancôme Absolue Revitalizing & Brightening Soft Face Cream.
- Then, use Lancôme Advanced Génifique Eye Cream to hydrate the eye area.
Face makeup tutorial for Amanda Seyfried's Modern Met Gala Look
- Gently blend Lancôme Prep and Hydrate Face Primer all over the face for a dewy, illuminated base.
- Blend Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear 24H Full Coverage Foundation in 120N all over the skin to provide an even skin tone.
- Add a mix of light and medium shades of Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Full Coverage Concealer in 90 in areas of the face to highlight, contour and cover up anything needed.
- Lightly brush Lancôme Blush Subtil in 301 Blushing Tresor onto the apples of the cheeks for a subtle flush of color.
How to achieve Amanda Seyfried's Smokey Eye Look from the Meta Gala
- Apply Lancôme Hypnôse 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette in Fraicheur Rosée and blend all over the eyelids.
- Define eyes with Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl Eyeliner Pencil in Black Coffee.
- Layer on Lancôme Lash Idôle Mascara on the top and bottom lashes for a lifted and voluminous look.
A 'Lip Makeup Look' designed to 'pop'
- Line the lips with Lancôme Le Lip Liner in 132 Caprice.
- Apply a single stroke of Lancôme L'Absolu Rouge Drama Matte Lipstick in 417 Berry Intense to the center of lips and blend outward.