Emma Chamberlain's Met Gala Makeup: Look by Kelsey Deenihan
“It’s all about a nod to the legendary Karl Lagerfeld and the late 90’s with Emma’s Met Gala look. Her fabulous structured two-piece and matching headband are a bit more polished, so we wanted to compliment and balance that with deeper, more edgy makeup. We decided to go with a 90’s brown lip and a rough, blue smokey eye to complete the look.”
~ Kelsey Deenihan, Celebrity Makeup Artist
Learn How To Get The 'Emma Chamberlain Met Gala Look'
Inspired by the legendary Karl Lagerfeld and the late ’90s, Emma's met gala look was masterfully created by celebrity artist - Kelsey Deenihan. So, how was the look put together? It comes down to a few key areas. Skincare, Complexion, Eyes, and Lips. Here's the complete tutorial.
Note: Shades names reflect what was used exactly for Emma's look. To recreate, please find shades that best suit your own, unique skin,
Prepping Emma's Met Gala look with Skincare
- Prep the skin with Lancôme Advanced Génifique Hydrogel Sheet Mask for a healthy-looking, radiant glow.
- Add Lancôme Advanced Génifique Face Serum to lock in hydration.
- Use Lancôme Advanced Génifique Night Cream all over for deep moisturization.
- Dab Lancôme Advanced Génifique Eye Cream around the eyes to hydrate the area and reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Apply a small amount of Lancôme Absolue Nourishing Lip Balm to prep for lipstick
Emma's Met Gala face makeup tutorial
- Blend Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear 24H Longwear Foundation in 235N all over the skin to provide a flawless, even complexion.
- To brighten the under eyes, apply a mixture of Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Full Coverage Concealer in shades 215 Buff Neutral and 260 Bisque Neutral.
- Set and mattify using a light dusting of Lancôme Long Time No Shine Translucent Powder.
- Apply a sweep of Lancôme Star Bronzer in 02 Solaire from the temples, down the cheekbones, and along the jawline.
- For a slight pop of color add Lancôme Blush Subtil Powder Blush in 217 Miel Glace to the cheekbones.
- Spritz the face with Lancôme Fix It And Forget It Setting Spray to make the look last all night.
How to achieve Emma Chamberlain's Iconic Eye look from the Meta Gala
- Line the whole waterline with Lancôme Le Stylo Waterproof in 02 Noir Intense and smudge along the bottom lash line for a grungy effect.
- Blend shades from, Lancôme Hypnôse 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette in Bleu Hypnotique, Lancôme Hypnôse 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette in Reflet D'Améthyste, Lancôme Hypnôse 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey Chic and Lancôme Hypnôse 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette in Drama Denim on top of the lids and under the bottom lash line to create a dramatic blue smokey eye.
- Layer on Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara for thick, bold, voluminous lashes.
A 'Lip Look' perfect for the Red Carpet
- Line the lips with Lancôme Le Lip Liner in 11 Bronzelle for the perfect 90’s look
- Combine Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge Cream Lipstick in 546 But First Café and L’Absolu Rouge Cream Lipstick in 250 Tendre Mirage for a beautiful ombré look