Lancôme® Australia Customer Service Details
Customer service terms of sale
Thank you for accessing www.lancome.com.au (the "Website"). Please read these terms and conditions (the "Terms") before using the Website which is operated by LANCÔME a brand of L’Oréal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 40 004 191 673), whose registered office is at 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004 ("L’Oréal"). By using the Website, you signify your acceptance of the Terms in consideration of which L’Oréal provides you with access. From time to time L’Oréal may modify the Terms. Accordingly, please continue to review the Terms whenever accessing or using the Website. Your use of the Website following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Terms as changed. If at any time you do not wish to accept the Terms, you may not use the Website. From time to time L’Oréal may run competitions and promotions via the Website. Separate terms and conditions will be posted where applicable governing such competitions and promotions.
While L’Oréal has endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of the information accessed via the Website, L’Oréal does not guarantee or give any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material on the Website.
There may be links that will let you leave this Website or that will let you access this Website from third party sites. Linked third party sites are not under the control of L’Oréal and L’Oréal is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site or any link contained in such a linked site. Existence of links to other third party sites is not an endorsement by L’Oréal in favour of such site or the products or services contained in any linked site. To the extent that this Website contains links to or may be accessed from outside services and resources, the availability and content of which L’Oréal does not control, any concerns regarding any such service or resource or any link thereto should be directed to the particular outside service or resource.
The Website, including (but not limited to) text, content, software, video, music, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, photographs, names, logos, trade marks, service marks and other material ("Content") is protected by copyright, trade mark and/or other proprietary rights. The Content includes both content owned or controlled by L’Oréal and content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to L’Oréal. All individual articles, reports, and other elements making up the Website may be copyright works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Website.
You may not use any of L’Oréal's trademarks or trade names without L’Oréal's prior express written consent and you acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in and to any of those names and marks.
You agree to notify L’Oréal in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorised access to or use of the Website by any party or of any claim that the Website or any of the contents of the Website infringes any copyright, trade mark, or other contractual, statutory or common law rights of any party.
LICENCE AND DOWNLOAD RIGHTS
You acquire no rights or licences in or to the Website and/or the Content other than the limited right to use the Website in accordance with these Terms and to download on the terms set out in this section. Other than as set out in this section you may not copy, reproduce, recompile, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, upload to create derivative works from, transmit, or in any other way exploit any part of the Website.
Download of Content from the Website is permitted by L’Oréal provided only that:
(i) you make no more than one printed copy of such download and no further copies of such printed copy are made;
(ii) you make only personal, non-commercial use of such download and/or printed copy; and
(iii) you retain on such download and/or printed copy all copyright notices and shall remain bound by the terms of such wording and notices. Additionally, you may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any other medium (including distribution by over-the-air television or radio broadcast or distribution on a computer network) the Content or any part thereof. You may not make any part of the Website available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the internet or otherwise. The Website and the information contained therein may not be used to construct a database of any kind, nor may the Website be stored (in its entirety or in any part) in databases for access by you or any third party or to distribute any database websites containing all or part of the Website.
If you would like information about obtaining L’Oréal's permission to use any of the Content or if you would like to link your website to the Website, email your enquiry to L’Oreal Consumer Affairs Department at 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004 or by telephone on 1300 659 359 or by email email@example.com
The Website and the Content are provided "as is". L’Oréal excludes all guarantees and warranties of any kind, either express or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law including (but not limited to) the exclusion of guarantees and warranties of title, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights. L’Oréal further accepts no responsibility or liability for functions contained on the Website and makes no guarantees or warranties that the Website will operate uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected. Please note that some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied guarantees and warranties, so some or all of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
L’Oréal does not warrant that the Website is compatible with your computer equipment or that the Website or its server is free of errors or viruses, worms or "Trojan horses" and L’Oréal is not liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of such destructive features.
L’Oréal shall not be held responsible for Content provided by third parties. L’Oréal is also not responsible for the reliability or continued availability of the telephone lines and equipment you use to access the Website.
These Terms do not affect your statutory rights or your legal rights as a consumer. Where terms are implied by statute, they are excluded to the extent permissible by law. If they cannot be excluded, L’Oréal’s liability will (where permissible by law) be limited to:
• in the case of the supply of goods: the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, or the repair of the goods, or the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired, at L’Oréal’s election; and
• in the case of the provision of services: the supplying of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again, at L’Oréal’s election.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You acknowledge that your use of the Website, including the Content, is at your own risk. If you are dissatisfied with the Website, the Terms, or any or the Content, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Website.
To the extent permitted by law, L’Oréal excludes all liability to you and all third parties for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental costs, losses, expenses and damages, exemplary or lost profits, or any other damages of any kind incurred in any way (including negligence), even if L’Oréal has been advised of the possibility thereof, connected with any use or access to the Website.
LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
The Website is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where for any reason the publication or availability of the Website is prohibited. Those in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access the Website.
L’Oréal does not represent that either the Website or the Content are appropriate for use or permitted by local laws in all jurisdictions. Those who access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations; legal advice should be sought in cases of doubt.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of L’Oréal, its employees, representatives and agents, from and against any claims, actions, demands or other proceedings brought against any of L’Oréal, its employees, representatives or agents, by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against L’Oréal, its employees, representatives, suppliers, or agents is based on or arises in connection with:
(i) your use of the Website;
(ii) any breach by you of the Terms;
(iii) a claim that any use of the Website by you:
(a) infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party, or any right of personality or publicity, or
(b) is libellous or defamatory, or otherwise results in injury or damage to any third party;
(iv) any deletions, additions, insertions, or alterations to, or any unauthorised use of, the Website by you; or
(v) any misrepresentation or breach of representation or warranty made by you.
References in this section of the Terms to your use of the Website shall be deemed to include any use by a third party where such third party accesses the Website using your computer.
You agree to pay L’Oréal, its employees, representatives and agents any and all costs, damages, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) awarded against any of them or otherwise incurred by any of them in connection with or arising from any such third party claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such third party claim.
L’Oréal has the right to terminate or suspend operation of the Website, for any or no reason, without notice and without liability.
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
You accept that L’Oréal has the right to change the content or technical specifications of any aspect of the Website at any time at L’Oréal's sole discretion. You further accept that such changes may result in your being unable to access the Website.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about our users' preferences and to allow us to customise our Website according to our users' individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise users' when they return to our Website.
By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. However, if you choose to reject all cookies, you may be unable to use parts of the Website.
TRANSMISSION AND FEEDBACK OF INFORMATION
You are prohibited from transmitting to or from this Website any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory or pornographic material or other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under law.
You agree that L’Oréal may use and/or disclose information about your demographics and use of the Website in a manner that does not reveal your identity.
SEVERANCE & WAIVER
If any provision of the Terms is found to be invalid by any court having jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of the Terms shall be deemed a continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
Except as provided herein, the Terms are the entire agreement between us relating to the Website and supersede any prior understanding or agreements (written or oral).
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
SPECIAL OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Miracle Cushion GWP Competition Terms & Conditions ("Conditions of Entry")
Miracle Cushion GWP Competition
L'Oreal Australia Pty Ltd ABN 40 004 191 673, 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia. Ph: 03 8680 0000
Start date: 02/04/18 at 09:00 am AEST
End date: 09/04/18 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
Multiple entries permitted per person. Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with the entry instructions above. The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
Total Prize Pool:
The winners will be contacted by their Wechat account within two (2) days of the judging.
In the event of an unclaimed prize, the Promoter may at its discretion assign the prize to the entry judged the next best entry, conduct a further judging to award the prize, or withdraw the prize unawarded. The Promoter is under no obligation to award any unclaimed prize.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The winners will be determined by representatives of the Promoter. Each entry will be judged on the basis of the individual originality of the answer provided to the promotional question.
- The best three (3) valid entries, as determined by the judges, will each win the prize specified in the Schedule above.
- The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
- The winners will be determined by skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. The judges' decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be determined by representatives of the Promoter. Each entry will be judged on the basis of the individual originality of the answer provided to the promotional question.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on the entrant following and acting in accordance with . This Promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in . Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Wechat. The entrant releases Wechat and its associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Wechat.
- The value of the prizes is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- All material submitted on entry (e.g. photo(s), image(s), drawing(s), comment(s), sound/video recording(s) and answer(s) to a promotional question) must NOT: (a) be in breach of any laws, regulations and rights, e.g. any laws regarding intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, etc), defamation and privacy; (b) be defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, contain nudity, aggressive, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable or discriminate/vilify any section of the community with respect to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, origin, sexual preference, mental illness, disability or gender or unsuitable for publication; or (c) contain viruses. Entrants warrant that they own or have the right to license the copyright in any entry submitted by them into this Promotion, for the purposes of this Promotion, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Promotion, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation). Entrants must obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their entry. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants further agree, upon request by the Promoter, to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter and to sign any legal documentation to confirm such assignment. Entrants agree that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the rights of third parties, or that they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the aforementioned material. Entrants consent to any use of their entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights. Entrants are responsible for all entries they submit on entry. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries, to the extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right to remove, request removal or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever, including if in breach of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants if it exercises this right and entrants must comply with any request made by the Promoter pursuant to this paragraph.The entrant warrants and represents that any material sent or provided by the entrant to the Promoter will not infringe any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including moral rights) and that the entrant has all rights to use the materials and has obtained all necessary consents to comply with any relevant privacy and/or confidentiality requirements. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the Terms and Conditions including this clause.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
DAVID JONES GIFT - $200 Lancome Gift when you spend $75+ at David Jones before Saturday
*Offer available at David Jones from 25th of February 2018 to 17th of March 2018, while stocks last. Max 1 gift per customer. Spend $75+ in one transaction. Offer is redeemable with all skincare Perfect Partner sets, but not with any other sets. Personalise your gift with a skincare choice duo of either: (1) Rénergie Day Cream 15ml and Rénergie Eye Cream 5ml; or (2) Génifique Night Cream 15ml and Génifique Eye Cream 5ml; or (3) Hydrazen Day Cream 15ml and Hydrazen Eye Cream 5ml. Not valid with any other offer. ^Gift pictured is valued at $204 by Lancôme. Gift not exchangeable or redeemable for cash. If the purchased Lancôme item/s are returned, the gift must also be returned or its value will be deducted from the refund.
DAVID JONES GIFT - LE CADEAU: Promotional period: 25th February 2018 – 10th March 2018
*In 1 transaction. Available at David Jones. Ends 10/3/18, while stocks last. Max 1 gift per customer. Excludes purchase of sets, except skincare Perfect Partner sets. Choose: (1) Rénergie Day Cream 15ml and Rénergie Eye Cream 3ml; or (2) Génifique Day Cream 15ml and Génifique Eye Cream 5ml; or (3) Hydrazen Day Cream 15ml and Hydrazen Eye Cream 5ml. Not valid with other offer/s. ^Gift valued at RRP $208 by Lancôme, inclusive of Rénergie skin care option only. Value excludes cosmetics organiser Value inclusive of any other option may be less than $200. Gift not exchangeable or redeemable for cash. If purchase returned, gift must also be returned or its value deducted from refund.